Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Tuck!

Today is Tuck's birthday.  I keep telling him he is an old man, even though it is not true, and I keep reminding him that I can only dish it out so when my birthday rolls around in June I better not hear any old talk.  We are not even thirty yet, I just like to give him a hard time. I baked a chocolate cake and let the girls decorate it.  Teeter Bees is my little artist.  Every inch much be covered and it needs to look just right.  While, Bowbas ate more of the decorations than she actually put on the cake. 
About a month ago Teeter Bees and I went to Hobby Lobby.  We were looking around at the party decorations and invitations when she spotted the pinatas.  "What is that!" We rolled the cart over to get a better look and I explained what a pinata was.  She LOVED the typical Mexican multicolored donkey pinata.  From then on it was all she could talk about it. All day she would talk about her birthday party, that is not until July, and the pinata that would be present.  Although I have every intention of getting a pinata for her birthday, I thought she would get a kick out of having one for Tuck's birthday too.  So I went out to the same Hobby Lobby, grabbed the last donkey pinata they had, picked up a bag of candy and headed home.  I am not sure that she has ever been so excited before.  Teeter was having a cow when I pulled that pinata out of the shopping bag.  Both the girls helped me fill it with candy.
Tuck loved it!  He said it was the best birthday ever. He really liked that the babies were so involved and he really loved everything, the cake, the pinata, and the dinner.  We knew Teeter Bees would have her little heart broken if we smashed the pinata, and they did not have a pull string pinata in that shape. So we held it up, Tuck batted at it with his hands, and I dumped it over and shook it so some of the candy fell out.  The girls loved it!  Everyone had such a great time, and I am so glad that Tuck had a great birthday!













No comments:

Post a Comment