Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Family Friendly Mardi Gras

Every year my little family and I have a Mardi Gras at home.  We let the kids put on masks and beads, and I make my famous jambalaya and/or crawfish etoufee and we have king cake.  Sometimes I make the king cake and sometimes I buy it.  It's so much fun.  We have Cajun music, cajun food, and just enjoy being together.  It all kind of started when Tuck fell in love with my jambalaya.  It takes hours to cook so it is not something I want to cook all the time, so our first year married I said why don't we have a Mardi Gras. It's the one time a year that I suck it up and stand in the kitchen to make my jambalaya.  I know there are faster ways to make jambalaya, but this way makes the very best jambalaya. We have done it every year since.  It is more fun having the kids, and the older they get the more fun it is.  They love the beads, and running around to the music.  Last year was loads of fun since my little sister and her hubby were staying with us they joined in on the fun. 
Having Mardi Gras at home is simple run to your party store, get beads and cheap masks.  Then go to the grocery store and get a king cake.  Hide the baby in the king cake, unless your kids are really little.  You do not want them to swallow it.  Then go home make some yummy food, download some Cajun music and enjoy!  It is really just a reason to have some fun with your kids, and they will love it.

King Cake yum!


2007
Teeter's First Mardi Gras


2008
Bowbas's First Mardi Gras


2008
Look how tiny Bowbas was


2009
Teeter Bees



2009
The girls

No comments:

Post a Comment